Becky’s Kitchen at The Mary C. O’Keefe Cultural Center will be offering summer Jr. Chef Camps for young food enthusiasts ages 7-14. In addition to preparing a varied menu each week, the Jr. Chefs will be taught kitchen safety, knife skills (age appropriate), a variety of food preparation techniques, table setting and service, dining etiquette, and proper cleaning of the kitchen. Parents are invited to dine with students the last day (Friday) of each session with a reservation and a lunch fee of $5.00 per guest (max of 2 guests). There is a minimum/maximum on class attendees of 7/14. All camps include a 9- 12 PM session and 1- 4 PM session for each.
For Ages: 7- 14
1- 4 PM
Throughout the week we will explore different cuisines from different countries such as Italian, French, Asian, and American. The Jr. Chefs will learn what makes each cuisine different and learn staple ingredients to go along with each country. The Jr. Chefs will then take what they learned and cook dishes native to the different countries.
- 7/22: American- Cheeseburger and French Fries
- 7/23: Italian- Homemade Pasta Noodles and Pesto
- 7/24: French- Roast Chicken, Truffle Potatoes, and Ratatouille
- 7/25: Chinese- Sesame Glazed Chicken and Fried Rice
- 7/26: Mexican- Tacos el Pastor and Beans and Rice