Becky’s Kitchen at The Mary C. O’Keefe Cultural Center will be offering summer Jr. Chef Camps for young food enthusiasts ages 7-14. In addition to preparing a varied menu each week, the Jr. Chefs will be taught kitchen safety, knife skills (age appropriate), a variety of food preparation techniques, table setting and service, dining etiquette, and proper cleaning of the kitchen. Parents are invited to dine with students the last day (Friday) of each session with a reservation and a lunch fee of $5.00 per guest (max of 2 guests). There is a minimum/maximum on class attendees of 7/14. All camps include a 9- 12 PM session and 1- 4 PM session for each.
For Ages: 7- 14
This week we will learn the history behind eggs and how they are in every food culture across the globe. The Jr. Chefs will learn basic knife skills, how to properly cook all kinds of eggs, as well as breakfast foods such as French toast, pancakes, and waffles. They will also learn the different breakfast cuisines across the globe.
- 7/15-7/16: All Eggs- Scrambled, Poached, Sunny Side Up, Over Easy, Over Medium, Over Hard, Fried, and Omelets
- 7/17: Waffles, Pancakes, and French Toast
- 7/18: Shakshuka, Hangtown Fry, Peasants Frittata
- 7/19: Family Showcase
- 7/29-7/30: All Eggs- Scrambled, Poached, Sunny Side Up, Over Easy, Over Medium, Over Hard, Fried, and Omelets
- 7/31: Waffles, Pancakes, and French Toast
- 8/1: Shakshuka, Hangtown Fry, Peasants Frittata
- 8/2: Family Showcase